|12:50 pm - Wiki Software|
I'm looking for recommendations on wiki software. I have a project in mind and I have a pretty clear set of feature requirements. If you were in this situation, where would YOU go to compare a list of wiki packages to see how they fit your needs?
My needs, for those who are able to offer specific software recommendations:
- ease of use (non-technical end users, so RTF input >>> wiki formatting)
- able to be configured for registered-users-only, no public contribution
- easy ability to manage images (e.g. to include an image in your page edit)
- ability to configure security so that pages can be 'owned' and not edited by users other than the submitter
- easily extensible to include custom MySQL integration (more specifically, allows the contribution of small tagged blurbs that are included in various other pages, appropriately to the tags).
- ability to control the valid tag list, not allowing custom user-defined tags
- allows the administrator to force some pages to follow a template (e.g. the user's one and only one Profile page).
Part of me wonders whether I should just take a very simple wiki, co-opt the user management, and then redevelop the rest of it.